Wednesday, March 9, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 3


Day 3: Your first love


In the interest of full disclosure Scott was not my first love. In my defense, I think most girls have that one story of first love...that looking back they can think about with a smile, a sigh and perhaps the mature realization of saying (at least once), what the hell was I thinking?


I don't think all the details are necessary to share...but suffice to say that the first time I truly felt beautiful and wanted was a heady experience. Knowing that somebody actually likes you...and actually loves you, its hard to accurately capture all those emotions into words. Sure great poets do it all the time, but I assure you, I am no poet.  


Wait! I think I did once upon a time write a poem about it all (let me go pull it from my old blog)...so, here ya go, Wiski Poetry (please don't cringe to much!)


The Summer Prince
A flood of memories, a wave of feeling...a moment of surrender
One voice rattling, laughing...and then whispering
hope was born, nurtured and then tested
a small bud bloomed and then the sun set
left wilted,
left lonely,
left stronger when summer ended
A woman left standing with her arms spread open...


     -Wiski Lee (November 2005)


p.s. Mom, if you read this, do me a favor and DO NOT ASK me who this was :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment